In spite of what the gurus and coaches say, there is no one way to make a good living online.
For example, I’m reading Russell Brunson’s Expert Secrets — a great book, by the way. In it, he talks about a statement that you need to have when you’re trying to sell a product. He calls it the Big Domino — if you can get people to believe that, then they’ll buy your product.
His statement is,
“The only way for you to exponentially grow your company is through sales funnels. The only way to build funnels is through ClickFunnels.”
He makes a good case for this statement.
Here’s the thing. I know people who are successful online who don’t use funnels.
For example, one 7-figure marketer makes money with email marketing to her large list, including promoting her own products and promoting affiliate products. No funnels. No speaking to sell.
And I know another 7-figure marketer who makes his money with a membership program and joint ventures.
And another 7-figure marketer who created and sold online courses using joint ventures.
And another marketer who makes a great income with group coaching.
Have you heard some sales pitches that indicated that their method was the only way to succeed?
The point is that people who succeed often think that what worked for them is the only way to make money. But there are many online business models that work.
In fact, you can follow any of these models and fail
Business models are important but more important is implementation.
- You can try to sell products with funnels and not get people to buy
- You can try to sell with email marketing and not get people to buy
- You can create a membership program and not get people to join.
- You can try joint ventures and not get any partners
Now that I’ve laid this out clearly, it’s pretty obvious, right?
There are some wrong ways, though
Here’s what you can do wrong…
- You can avoid creating content
- You can avoid sending emails to your subscribers
- You can avoid partnering with others
- You can waste time on social media being social rather than strategic
- You can shy away from speaking opportunities
I could go on and on… Do those ways of acting sound familiar to you?
There are several models — perhaps many — that have brought success to entrepreneurs. But these same models have brought others failure. Success is more about implementation than the model.
How do you choose the right business model for you?
You want to choose an online business model that fits you.
- Can you coach? Maybe you can do group coaching.
- Can you create great online courses? Maybe you can sell online courses.
- Are you great at creating products? Maybe you should sell information products. (These aren’t so different from online courses.)
- Do you write great emails? Maybe you should do email marketing.
- Are you great at developing relationships with partners? Maybe you should do joint ventures.
These approaches are not mutually exclusive, of course. You can sell your information products using email marketing and sell products of partners as an affiliate in the same way.
But you have to be:
You also need to be:
- A good writer
- A good speaker
- A good relationship builder
It also helps if you have developed an expertise on a topic that people want to hear about. For example, I’ve developed an expertise about presenting and PowerPoint. Another area of expertise that I have is in Internet marketing. So that’s what I write and speak about.
But you can learn!
- About a topic
- How to write
- How to speak
- …and more
Are you struggling to find a model that works for you?
Have you invested in a “system” and been disappointed in the results? Maybe it wasn’t you. Maybe it wasn’t the right system for your skills and strengths.
Are you confused about how you should make money online?
If you wish, I have a 1-hour $197 consultation session during which we can work out the best online business model for your skills and situation. When you purchase this session, you’ll receive a link to set up a time at your convenience for us to talk.
Leave a comment and let’s have a discussion! And use the Share buttons to share on social media.