Blogging is important for several reasons:
- It shows your expertise and that can translate into sales
- People can find your posts by searching and that brings new people to your website
- The more valuable content you have, the more the search engines and other websites will send people to you
But you shouldn’t just blog and leave it at that because you won’t reach enough people that way, at least in the short run. It takes a long time to build up points with the search engines and other websites.
Promote your blog posts widely
So you need to take matters into your own hands and promote your blog posts.
When you promote your blog posts widely, consistently, and purposefully, you will double your reach — or more.
Here are 4 ways to promote your blog posts:
- Email: Send an email to your subscribers with a short description of why the topic is important and link to the post
- Social media: Post on social media, including Facebook, LInkedIn and whatever else you use. Include Medium.com. I recommend Missinglettr to automate some of your posts.
- YouTube: Read out your blog post to make a video of it. Try not to look or sound like you’re reading. You can use Zoom, YouTubeLive or your webcam’s software–even your phone. Post it on your YouTube channel. This is an opportunity to re-promote your blog post via email and social media — announce the video and encourage people to like the video and subscribe to your channel.
- Facebook Live: Do a Facebook Live on your blog post topic. Again, try not to look or sound like you’re reading. As with YouTube, you can announce this via email and social media — in advance — to get people to attend.
Set up a schedule
You need to do this regularly, so set up a schedule. For example, write your post on Monday, email it on Tuesday, etc. Haphazard promotion isn’t very effective. Just put it on your calendar.
This will give you a weekly routine that you can follow to get the maximum visibility for your blog posts — bringing you more traffic, subscribers, and customers.
Next Step: Download the Double Your Reach scheduler
The Double Your Reach scheduler will help you schedule your blog post promotions each week. It also has helpful resources for finding keywords to use (to help people find your blog).
How do you promote your blog posts?
Do you have a technique for promoting your blog posts? Leave a comment! And please share this post with others using the Share buttons.