As my list grows, I periodically do a survey to find out who you are and what you need. Here are the results of the 2014 survey.
Who you are
80% of you are beginner/intermediate
20% of you are intermediate/advanced
75% of you have a job and do online marketing part time
25% of you have online marketing as your full-time business
What’s important to you
The figures below show how many of you said that each item was very or somewhat important to you.
What I don’t get
I found 2 of the numbers strange:
- Partnering: Why is the number for partnering so low? I believe that partnering is crucial for success in any online business. Maybe you already partner a lot so you don’t need to learn how to do it? I’d like to know!
- Products: Why are so few of you interested in creating products? Creating products is crucial for online marketing! Maybe you’re a coach and don’t sell products? Maybe you’re an affiliate marketers and only sell products of others? I don’t really understand this one either.
What are your obstacles?
I asked about your obstacles and here’s what you said:
- 27% Not sure which direction to go in
- 21% Not enough time
- 13% Don’t know enough to do it myself
- 10% Not enough money
Some of your comments
I left some room for you to state what else you needed. Here are some of those comments:
- Peace of mind — never returning to a job
- Sorting out my copy and making it sell well without being too pushy. It has improved but the text is not really converting visitors in to buyers.
- Product creation is my biggest issue, as I have knowledge from such a wide range of topics and have difficulties to define what to include.
- Time management to get it done
- Just getting going in the right way so that I achieve the goals I have set for myself.
- Not sure what I don’t know……
- Just your help when I ask. Thank you.
- I have a lot to learn and am doing my best to absorb as much pertinent information as I can. Whew!! Some days I do feel overwhelmed with the enormity of it. But I will persevere and succeed. I need to stop being such a perfectionist, because I think that may be part of what is holding me back.
- I need to know how to reach out to expand and attract subscribers.
What’s the result?
I appreciate that some of you took the time to complete the survey. The results will help me provide you with content that will help you succeed. Watch for details via the Change the World Marketing newsletter! (If you’re not a subscriber, here’s the place to go.)