Christine Schlonski is the founder of Heart Sells! Academy and the host of Heart Sells! Podcast. She is known as the Queen of the Sales-Success-Mindset.
Christine brings together the world of coaching and personal development with mindset strategies to make sales fun so you can create a thriving business without feeling sleazy. Previously, she was a Sales Director with a depth of experience in selling high-ticket events to CEO’s, GM’s and owners of companies globally.
In this 17-minute interview, Christine explains her P.O.W.E.R. principle and how heart-centered entrepreneurs can learn to sell with love. Below, you’ll find a brief summary of her points, plus a free resource.
1. Who do you serve, who are your clients? (00:31)
My clients are entrepreneurs who are really heart-centered and ambitious and they have a special gift that they want to give to the world but when it comes to selling and making offers, they don’t want to feel pushy or sleazy. They feel that they have to manipulate or become someone else that isn’t in alignment. But they’re ready to learn how to make sales with ease and confidence while being authentic.
2. What is their problem, their need and what are the symptoms of that problem? (2:07)
They are blocked. They don’t understand why people don’t just come since they have an amazing thing. They’re thinking, “If I have someone who is interested, how can I show them in a way that feels good to both of us how we can work together?”
3. What are the common mistakes people make or obstacles they face when trying to solve that problem on their own – or with others’ solutions? (3:56)
Many people follow a cookie-cutter system — you say this, then this. It’s all very tactical but not aligned with the person, with their soul level so they sabotage themselves. When it gets to the point of making an offer, it doesn’t feel good.
4. What is unique about your solution that helps people avoid those mistakes or overcome those obstacles so they can finally solve their problem? (5:47)
I don’t go into strategies at the beginning at all. I focus on the mindset. I take them through my P.O.W.E.R. formula.
- P is for the past. Where does this experience come from? Why do they believe they can’t or don’t want to sell? We get rid of beliefs that don’t serve.
- O is for the opportunity outcome. Many people are so focused on their own needs, which is totally human. But when you say that, you are not coming from the place of love and service. You’re more focused on the challenges of selling and might have a needy energy around you.
- W is for the why — you’re personal why. When you go really deep, you will always find a way to push through when it becomes difficult.
- E is for emotions. Many people don’t know they can handle their emotions. They decide how they react to a certain situation.
- R is for results, so that heart-centered, creative people should know some basics of their numbers. If I talk to a lot of people but not many sign up, maybe I’m talking to the wrong people or something is off in my conversations.
You get the mindset first to sell with ease and then focus on what you want to sell. Many people tell you to do it one way — you have to have a group or you have to have something high ticket — which is not necessarily aligned with the person.
5. What is one high-impact free action that you recommend that the audience can implement that will help them solve that problem? (9:46)
I think that something that people don’t realize is that money and sales are very entangled. If you have trouble with your money mindset, you will have trouble asking for money. This is related to the “P” of the POWER formula, the past, because at some time we have all had a bad experience because we were sold to. Or our parents or siblings or friends had. That bad experience stuck with us and this is going on in our subconscious saying “Don’t do this to another human being.” So sit down with a journal and writing out the experience or experiences you had.
When you get clear on these and see that you avoid acting like that, you can show up differently.
6. What is one valuable free resource that you can direct people to that will further help with that problem? (12:26)
I have the Empowerment Notes. I give people updates on my “Heart Sells!” podcast, with stories of entrepreneurs who succeeded. I’ve interviewed hundreds and out of them, only 2 said they were born able to sell. Everyone else overcame obstacles. Register here.
I also have the recordings of my lead generation summit that I organized a while back. Get that here.
7. What’s the one question that I should have asked you that would give great value to our audience? (15:40)
I always say “Sales is love.” If you get to share your amazing gifts with someone who needs them, you are sharing your love. If you can feel how wonderful it is to serve someone, you’re sharing love. The more you share, the happier you’ll be because love is the only thing that when you give it away, it grows.
Again, don’t forget to pick up Christine’s:
Is selling difficult for you? Do you feel sleazy when you do it? Leave a comment and please share this post with friends and colleagues using the Share buttons below. Someone will find it to be just what they need!