Bob Burg shares how a subtle shift in focus is not only a more uplifting and fulfilling way of conducting business but the most financially profitable way, as well. For 30 years he’s helped companies, sales leaders, and their teams to more effectively communicate their value, sell at higher prices with less resistance, and grow their businesses based on Endless Referrals.
In this interview, we discuss why many experts have trouble with sales and what to do about it.
You can read a summary of the interview below this video.
1. Who do you serve, who are your clients?
They are people who are entrepreneurs or sales people. I also speak for corporations.
2. What is their problem, their need and what are the symptoms of that problem?
The biggest challenge is that they are wonderful at what they do; however, they may not feel comfortable with the process of sales and marketing. If people don’t know about your value or you can’t communicate it in an engaging way, you have a problem. They don’t have a methodology or plan or know-how to take it from the product/service to someone purchasing.
3. What are the common mistakes people make or obstacles they face when trying to solve that problem on their own?
Sometimes trying to solve the problem on your own with the same information you have won’t help you. Working with someone who has developed that system that has been proven to work. A system is the process of predictably get to the goal by following the steps.
4. What is unique about your solution that helps people avoid those mistakes or overcome those obstacles so they can finally solve their problem?
When we work with sales people, a big part of the issue is helping them understand their own value. One of our speakers calls it “walking with your value.” What are your traits, talents, and characteristics that can help people? We also have to be able to communicate that to others by discovering the other person’s wants, needs, and desires. In a confidence-building way, we help people understand their own value and communicate it to customers or clients.
5. What is one high-impact free action, such as a tip, that you recommend that the audience can implement that will help them solve that problem?
You look at who your target market is and get a realy good idea, in general, what they’re looking to accomplish. To the degree that you understand your target market, you’re 9 steps ahead.
Describe your perfect client, your “avatar,” but you can always go wider. Start with that.
6. What is one valuable free resource that you can direct people to that will further help with that problem?
Go to burg.com and scroll down to the bottom. Look for the “Join the Go-Giver Movement” heading and subscribe to a series of videos on cultivating an endless referral business.
7. What’s the one question that I should have asked you that would give great value to our audience?
You’re wonderful. You do a magnificent job and so much value. 🙂 Yes, that’s what he said.
Check out Bob’s Go-Giver Movement and receive periodic updates along with new blog post notifications. Also receive Bob Burg’s weekly Endless Referrals Action Tips (videos) via email and build your business…The Go-Giver Way!
How about you?
Leave a comment with your questions or frustrations about getting new clients or customers.
And please use the social media buttons below to share this interview with your entrepreneurial and sales colleagues.