This is the first in a series of video interviews with successful experts in helping you create a profitable online business.
Kurt Scholle is a Digital Website Strategist helping clients increase their Return On Investment and make their websites more profitable and easier to manage. He’s been helping clients get better results — and keep their website safe — for 25 years.
Below the video, you can find the questions I asked (and when) with brief answers.
The video is 18 minutes.
1. Who do you serve, who are your clients? 0:48
Small businesses with a website that is crucial to their business. (He also serves larger businesses, but we’re focusing on smaller ones today.)
2. What is their problem, their need and what are the symptoms of that problem? 3:29
They need a path to take people through, a sales funnel. They don’t know how to create an offer that converts or get qualified traffic to that offer. You need to follow up because one exposure to an offer isn’t enough. (How many times someone said was needed in 1856?)
3. What are the common mistakes people make or the obstacles they face when trying to solve that problem? 5:48
One of the keys is headlines, email subject lines, or social media post headlines.
4. What is unique about your solution that helps people avoid those mistakes or overcome those obstacles? 7:05
With my coaching clients and students, we talk a lot about headlines, creating content that converts, and attracting qualified traffic to that offer.
5. What is one high-impact free action that the audience can implement that will help them solve that problem? 9:10
We recommend practicing writing headlines. Great copywriters will write as many as 25 headlines.
Some free headline analyzers:
Matt Bacak’s Marketing Sidekick.
6. What is one valuable free resource that you can direct people to that will further help with that problem? 11:10
My Manifesto. It’s free.
Pick it up at…
7. What’s the one question that I should have asked you that would give great value to our audience? 12:12
How do you “rank” your website with Google?
Three technical issues:
- Site speed,
- Mobile responsiveness
- EAT (expertise, authoritativeness, trust)
Google Mobile Friendly Test (Here’s the result for this website.)
SSL site (https) — You should see a lock in the address bar of your browser when you’re on your website.
Keep in touch with Kurt:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/
- Facebook Website Success Club https://www.facebook.com/
groups/867573823424165/ (I’m a member, too.)