We all have goals. Do you meet the goals you set?
As the end of the year comes closer, it’s time to think about goals. Did you meet your goals for this year? Are you planning for next year?
First of all,
- Have you clearly defined your goals?
- Do you believe in them?
- Do you want them enough?
So first, define your goals and make sure you believe in them and you really, really want them.
What is it you really want? It’s good to write this down, even if you think it’s impossible. Many people never achieve their goals because they think they’re too pie in the sky, too impossible. But you MUST KNOW what you want in order to achieve it.
To attain a goal, you need to take action.
Here’s a 4-step process. I called it DEBS.
- Desire: You need a strong desire and you need to know what your desire is. What do you want? Why?
- Endpoint: You need to know the endpoint, where you’ll end up. This defines what your life or business will look like when you’ve met your goal. It’s more specific than the desire.
- Blocks: If you haven’t attained your goal yet, there must be some obstacles, some blocks, right? If it was easy, then you’d be there already. What are they? Why are they a problem?
- Steps: What steps will you take to overcome the blocks and complete your goal so you can move forward? Think of a snowplow, which has to move forward, but must remove the snow first. As you remove blocks, you can move forward. If you don’t plan your steps, the blocks remain.
Work from the inside out
There are 2 types of blocks–inner ones and outer ones.
Inner blocks might be:
- Lack of knowledge
- Disorganization and lack of focus
The consequences of these inner blocks could be procrastination, wasting time, taking the wrong actions, etc. But they are the hardest blocks to overcome and often the basis of outer blocks, so you need to solve these problems first.
Sometimes a life coach, friend, or accountability partner can help.
Outer blocks might be:
- Lack of time: If you have an online business that you’re doing on the side while you have a full-time job, your time will be severely limited.
- Lack of money: On the other hand, if you aren’t working full-time but not yet succeeding at your online business, you might have a lack of money
- Lack of experience: Until you try new approaches and complete some tasks, your lack of experience will hold you back.
Remember I said that outer blocks are often the basis of inner ones? So fear might be keeping you from leaving your job. Disorganization might be the cause of you not getting your steps done. Lack of knowledge might keep you from getting the right type of experience.
So, where to go from here?
Let’s repeat the 4-step process and turn it into actions:
- Desire: Write down what you want and why you want it.
- Endpoint: Describe what your life or business will be like when you have fulfilled your desire. For example, how many people will work for you? How much will you make? Which products will you have? How big will your list be? How many hours will you work per week?
- Blocks: Write out what you think your blocks are. You might think you don’t know, but you probably have a good idea. Why are these blocks a problem?
- Steps: What steps will you take to overcome the blocks and complete your goal so you can move forward? Start with a broad brush. For example, I will create 3 products and grow my list to 5,000. Then break down your steps into smaller ones. What will you do each month for the next 12 months to get there? What will you do each week? Each day?
Finally, put those daily and weekly tasks on your calendar.
How will you keep on track this time?
I’m sure you’ve tried to meet goals before. What will be different this time?
Consider coaching or working with an accountability partner. In fact, research shows that an accountability team of 4-6 people will increase your chances of success by more than 40%! That’s because when you work with one friend, that friend will often let you off the hook.
Other research has shown that having regular deadlines for small, concrete, achievable goals will lead to the best results.
Work with a coach
Working with a coach can help you keep on track and attain your goal. That’s because your coach will:
- Hold you accountable
- Give you the knowledge you need or tell you where to get it
- Guide you through the process of visualizing your goal
- Help you move through your blocks
- Give you specific steps to take
If you aren’t meeting your goals, consider coaching with me.
I have several options. Research shows that when people have too many options, they choose none of them, but I’m taking that risk. I want you to choose at least something, because…
…it’s time to stop
- Trying to figure out everything on your own
- Spinning your wheels
- Feeling overwhelmed and overworked
- Going in 50 directions at once
- Not getting the results you want
This is an amazing offer. You get unlimited 20-minute coaching sessions (up to 1 per day) for an entire year! The only caveat is that you have to complete your assignment from your previous meeting. I’m pretty booked up for this but could take 1-2 more clients. The first session is 30-minutes and if, after that session, you decide this isn’t for you, I’ll refund your money. Contact me if you have any questions, because this link goes straight to the shopping cart.
One of my Unlimited Results Coaching clients described one session as a “miracle.” That’s because each time, we create breakthroughs in your knowledge and accomplishment.
Would you like to get a business set up in 3 days? It’s very doable as long as you keep it simple. Work with me for 3 days straight and we’ll:
- Write website copy
- Create a product and its sales page
- Create an opt-in form and autoresponders
These are just an example of what we can get done in 3 days, but the possibilities are endless. We could develop a webinar, a source of traffic, and the product that the webinar sells. We could create a series of products and set them up in a funnel. It’s up to you.
If you’re tired of courses that don’t bring results, stop learning and start doing. I’ll write for you, with your guidance and approval.
This product includes great bonuses…
If you feel like you would prefer a full-day goal setting and strategy session with some special add-ons, try this 1-day VIP Day. In this one day, we work together to:
- Set your goal for the year
- Figure out a strategy to meet your goal
- Break up the strategy into monthly and weekly tasks
- Put those tasks on your calendar so you’ll actually do them
- Start implementing the first steps so you gain momentum for the entire year
This is an incredibly valuable use of your time — and money.
Plus, this product includes several amazing bonuses…
If you can’t afford 1-on-1 coaching, you’ll find the Reach the Stars Club to be an incredible value. In fact, you can get 1-on-1 coaching at the price of a low-cost membership program! Here’s what you’ll get:
- Bi-weekly reports for 2 years covering all aspects of online marketing so you’ll know exactly what to do to reach the stars and succeed, plus a related step-by-step worksheet to spur you to action and achievement.
- Weekly Open Office Hours to get 1-on-1 coaching when you need it.
- A private Facebook group where you’ll be part of a community of like-minded online business owners. I’ll be there to answer questions and help you break through any obstacles.
- You’ll have free access to report on various topics and live workshops that I give periodically. (Space in the workshops may be limited.)
If you’re determined to succeed and fully take advantage of this program, you’ll make amazing progress.
Is it the right time for you yet?
What are you waiting for?
Leave a comment and let me know how you feel about this blog post.