“Follow your passion. Do what you love. Listen to your heart. If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.”
Other times they say something like this:
“You can’t achieve your goals without moving beyond your comfort zone. Any action is better than inaction. Get out there and stretch yourself.”
Did it ever occur to you that these common statements are contradictory?
So how do you decide?
For some people, stretching is fun
I think that most successful entrepreneurs manage to achieve both because they like stretching, it feels comfortable to them. Doing something new is fun for them, even exciting.
But some people need to overcome their fears, because doing something new and taking risks are uncomfortable to them.
- Do you fear trying something new? Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to do something you’ve never done before?
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to do something you’ve never done before?
- Do you gravitate to what you already know?
If that’s you and if you aren’t achieving your goals, then it’s a sign that you need to go more in the direction of stretching outside your comfort zone.
On the other hand, if you’re achieving your goals but feeling frazzled, maybe you need to step back and do less.
Choose your stretches strategically
If you need to try something new, don’t just try anything. Get some coaching or other expert advice so that you’re more likely to succeed. Pick one new skill that you want to gain and try that instead of trying 10 new things at once.
Like exercise, you choose the ones that will help you attain your goals rather than just doing any exercises.
Give your new action or skill some time. Learn about it, practice, then do it. And repeat it until it’s easier.
Some new stretches to try
For online entrepreneurs, here are some new stretches for you to try:
- Send out more emails to your list than you feel comfortable with
- Do a webinar
- Create an evergreen webinar
- Partner with another entrepreneur
- Place a Facebook ad
- Give a group coaching course
- Set up a membership site
Do any of these make you feel uncomfortable? Well, guess what? They’re also important parts of a successful online business!
- Get some coaching. I have several options for you to choose from.
- Decide on a stretch activity that will help you meet your goals
- Do it!
What are your next steps? What do you know you need to do but are dreading? I know it’s hard to share these things, but it might help you get started to lay it out there and you might inspire others as well!
And use the Share buttons below to share this with others who might find it valuable.