A student asked me, “What should I write for my free report?”
If you don’t know why you need a free report, see my post, “Why you need a prominent web form on your website.”
What format should it have?
But before I explain what you should put in your free report, let me say that it doesn’t have to be a “report.” You need to put together some valuable information that people can access online, but it can take several forms:
- A series of emails (often called an autoresponder, because you set them up in advance and automate the process)
- A video or series of videos
- An online course (video, audio, or written)
- An ebook/report/white paper (usually in Adobe Acrobat PDF format)
- A narrated PowerPoint presentation
What should be in the free report (or whatever you use)?
You need to put yourself in the shoes of your visitors. What do they want? What information do they need most?
Then you need to come up with a title that will attract interest.
Here are some examples:
- For a website on walking: 10 ways to become healthier by walking
- For a website on managing blood sugar naturally: 10 natural ways to lower your blood sugar
- For a website on effective writing and editing: Top 10 writing mistakes you need to avoid
- For a website on Internet marketing: Master Plan for Creating an Internet Business
Yes, you guessed it; that last one is mine. I wrote the Master Plan because I thought that people would want a blueprint of all the steps needed to create a successful Internet business. And if you haven’t received it yet, sign up on the right.
But, would you like something else? What do you want to know about Internet marketing? Leave a comment and ask and I’ll answer in a blog post!