You use images in your business for 3 reasons:
- To help people understand what you are saying
- To help them remember what you are saying
- To persuade them to take action
Images will do the following:
- Get more people to read or view your content
- Increase engagement (clicks and shares)
- Improve conversion rates
Where should you use images?
- At the top of each blog post and, if possible, scattered throughout your posts
- On sales pages–again, scattered throughout
- On webinar slides
- In social media posts — pretty much a necessity these days
- In ads
- In e-books and reports
Can you think of other places?
How do you choose the best images?
A common question people ask me is how I choose the best images for my business. I’ve come up with a 4-part method, BARE:
B = Big. It’s simple, but big images will be more impactful than small ones.
A = Arresting. Another way to say this is attention-getting. You need to get people to stop in their tracks and pay attention!
R = Relevant. Images should always help people understand and remember your message. Don’t just decorate.
E = Emotional. This is the clincher. If you can add emotion to an image, you’ll be most able to persuade your audience.
Watch this short video to see how I tried out a variety images on a business-oriented slide until I found an image that achieved all 4 parts of the BARE method.
How do you choose your images? leave a comment and use the Share buttons to share, because others can benefit from this content, too!