The amount of sales that you get from an online product doesn’t only depend on the quality of the product. It also depends on how you market it. When you have a new product and introduce it to the world, you create a product launch.
Of course, there are many ways to do a product launch, but here are some ideas that should get you started.
- Survey what people want before you create your product. You may be surprised at what you find.
- Come up with various titles for your program before choosing one.
- Plan a series of blog posts on related topics, leading people to understand importance of the solution you’re providing.
- Write tweets, Facebook posts, and LinkedIn posts, and make a list of LinkedIn groups that will accept your posts — all in advance.
- Write emails — short ones to include in your regular newsletters as well as at least 3 stand-alones. Stand-alones are emails that mention nothing but your product.
- Create a sales page. Test the entire buying and delivery process–make sure it’s as easy for people to buy as possible. Add a video if possible. Give some real knowledge in the video and promise more to come. Include bonuses and a guarantee on the sales page.
- If your product is an event and you’re recording it, send out an email after it, because people can buy the recording. Include comments from attendees (ask for comments at the end of the event)
- Consider a free event to sell a paid event and promise lots of solid info in the free event. Consider a series of free videos leading up to the paid course.
- Get collaborators — set up an affiliate program. They can help you sell your product!
- Roll it out!